Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy birthday to me ;-)











I need to start by telling a tale that happened 7 years ago , the setting is Kazakstan and i was on another cycle tour - we had had a very long week cycling and we were relaxing in a sauna in the kazak capital when I told my biking companion that my birthday was in a few days - on the 29th of august - which to his amusement he informed me that it was now september and that I had missed my birthday by a week,

fast forward to the current trip, I was determined to not let the same thing happen again - I carefully cheaked the dates and worked out my birthday fell on a friday - we organsied our trip to have a rest day on that day , and we hired a car and drove to some impressive limestone caves in kentucky - we even went to denny's and I got a free sundee which my meal ............. two days later after a particurly long day of biking ( and being chased by dogs) , I picked up a paper to reliase that I had done it again and that my birthday had been the previous day and I hadn't known ;-)

once again the tour is going really well, we have met an amazing amount of hospitable people - and in the last two weeks have stayed two nights with Jim and Ruthie in milford, Jerry at has home in kentucky, and Bill in tennasee - we are starting to get used to people stopping us on the road and inviting us to stay at thier houses.

Andy


p.s saw my first hummingbird today at our campsite - there were bird feeders with sugar water there and at least 50 hummingbirds flitting around -

please visit andy and weilings blog they ahve got some great photos of the hummingbirds








No comments:

Post a Comment