Thursday, August 13, 2009

Made it to Zanesville ;-)

Don't know where Zaneville is ?? well neither did i until about 1 hour ago when we rolled into town.

Just I quick post to say everything still going well, just had an amazing 5 days riding, firstly along old Rail-road trails converted into bike tracks and then on the roads of Ohio, has been incredibly hot and humid , with amazingly heavy thunderstorms in the afternoons, yesterday we got caught out in the open and found an old abandoned barn to shelter from the storm, the whole time i was expecting a local with a pitchfork to shoo us away but alas no such luck.

My tent has become akin to a sauna and i'm waiting for the day someone comes in and catchs me sitting naked in my tent playing my guitar sweating from every pore , and the explanation i will have to make.

really starting to get into hillbilly country now and Ohio is getting flat - I saw a great t-shirt that said "quick pedal faster i hear banjo music " but decided that wearing it might not endear me to the locals.

We are eating really well, i'm in charge of making porridge in the morning and apart from accidentily mixing petrol in the mix one morning generally it goes down well- however andy and wei ling are now convinced that it was a deliberate attempt to get a few more horsepower out of them .

HOpe everyone is well, my sister just had her second child , a beautiful girl called hannah - I can't wait to meet her .

Andy

P.s Got woken last night by my first Skunk who just decided to walk into my tent - I didn't ask him his busness - he didn't ask mine, so - no explanation was needed ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Andy, I appreciate the up-dates. It all sounds awesome except for the petrol in the porrige? Hey, wait a minute! Are you cycling or motorbiking accross the US??

    ReplyDelete