Tuesday, August 4, 2009

How I met my Armish Wife.........

.....Would have been a great title for my next blog post. We have just spent the last few days in lancaster county in the great state of pennsylvania which is the heart of amish country - just to recap the Amish are dutch /german immigrants who came to america and shunned all the trappings of western life - ie. they still ride around on horses etc... they are quite insular in their christain beliefs etc ,

Gibbo and Wei ling for some reason thought I would be well siuted for that life and set about finding a good amish girl for me - however what they don't tell you is that they are against pedal bikes and the women don't shave their legs - ( and frankly they are just not puratanical enough for me) and it turns out all the best 14 year olds are already taken!!!!!! ;-) I guess i will just have to continue my search ..

Just to recap on the trip so far , about 14 days ago we rolled out of NYC along a beautiful bike path right along the shoreline and over the washington bridge into New jersey , we spent a few days just getting clear of the city and have been heading west - the country is just so beautiful with heaps of forest and mountains and fantasic smooth roads, - our first major stop was gettisberg - which was the seen of the civil war battle that turned the tide and lead to eventual union victory, from there we have continued west on an old canal way that has been turned into a cycle track .

we also had a little detour into Washington DC to see the president at home, ab lincoln, the mall etc, was very pleasant

I hope everyone is doing well , I'd like to say i've been thinking of you all ..... but to be fair as I was skinny dipping in the cool of the potamac river last night after a long day on the bike I really wasn't thinking of anything accept how great life is ..................

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff Andy, thanks for the update- I was going to give you shit about no excuses for not ubdating but if you've been in armish country then I guess internet cafe's were probably a bit scarce.

    Photo's of mountains please, and any wildlife you can capture. (on camera)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a picture of a turtle. Ill post that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I'd appreciate that- Hey I just checked out your blog- whaddaya know, it is better than Andy's.

    ReplyDelete